How to Choose Good Herb Supplier?
Not all herb and spice suppliers are created equal, and selecting one should be the top priority. After all, a good supplier can be your partner in growing your business. How do you choose a good herb supplier in Malaysia or in Asia in general? Here are some tips.
1. Choose an herb supplier with an established brand. The best suppliers have solid footing in the Malaysian market. Their products are available in hypermarkets, supermarkets, wholesalers, as well as sundry stores. Their spices and herbs are widely used in food service sectors. Their clients include sauce manufacturers, seasoning manufacturers, pastry makers, noodle makers, food chain operators, canned food manufacturers, and food processing companies—many of which are global brands.
2. Choose a reliable exporter. One of the hallmarks of a great supplier is its export status. Being an exporter often means that the company meets and exceeds stringent manufacturing and product quality standards. One of the top herb suppliers in Malaysia experts its products to South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and China.
3. Check for Halal certifications. The ‘Halal’ seal is important not only because it signifies that the herbs but it can consumed by all communities without hampering any religious belief. It is also a seal of quality. Did you know that herb and spice manufacturers go through strict tests before being awarded a Halal certification? When a pack of herbs or seasoning is stamped ‘Halal,’ you can be sure that it was produced following the highest standards of cleanliness and purity.
4. Packaging is very important. The herbs must come in suitable packaging to ensure freshness. The packaging must also contain detailed information, including the list of ingredients used in the product, the best-before date, any special storage instructions if necessary, and of course, the name and contact information of the supplier.
5. Make sure they follow safety standards. The best herb suppliers follow all food safety laws including HACCP standards.