Step-by-Step Guide to Perfectly Fried Chicken
Fried chicken seems like a simple dish, but it is very hard to master. The recipes you’ll find online might require a long list of herbs and spices—and lots of preparation time. The good news is, you can make perfectly fried chicken by buying premixed flour. Do you like spicy food? Then stock up on spicy fried chicken premixes from leading brands so you can always make this crispy and delicious dish for your family anytime. You will only need three ingredients:
Chicken (thighs, legs, wings—whatever parts you prefer)
Spicy fried chicken premix
The directions couldn’t be simpler. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Preheat your pan or deep fryer to 163 degrees Celsius.
2. To create a batter, mix 1 part spicy fried chicken premix with 1.5 parts water. Combine well.
3. Dip the chicken parts in the batter.
4. Coat the dipped chicken parts in spicy fried chicken premix breading.
5. Fry the chicken parts in the pre-heated fryer until the chicken parts start turn golden and float. This might take 9 minutes. Your perfectly fried chicken is ready!
Mistakes to Avoid When Frying Chicken
Don’t fry chicken straight from the refrigerator. It is too cold and will cause the temperature of the oil to drop, so it won't cook evenly and the skin won’t be crispy. Be sure to let the chicken sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before coating and frying.
Another mistake that some people make is to use oil with a low smoke point—like olive oil—which makes the chicken taste bitter. It’s best to use neutral-tasting oils with higher smoke points such as vegetable oil, canola, or peanut oil.
Finally, don’t estimate the temperature. Use a kitchen thermometer to check and maintain the temperature of the oil to ensure that it is steady. This is key to making the perfect friend chicken.