Braised Chinese Cabbage in Superior Broth
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 6 person
1 chicken carcass with breast meat (cut into small pieces)
2 liter of water
20 small dried scallops (pre-soaked)
3 dried figs
1 honey date
5 Hexa red dates (seed removed)
1 handful of Hexa yuk chuk
5 pieces of Hexa Dang Gui
8 Hexa gingko – (sliced into half and remove the heart)
3 large dried scallops (pre-soaked)
1 head chinese cabbage (sliced into small pieces, rinsed)
100 grams Goji berries (rinsed)
1 tablespoon fatt choy (soaked) (to taste) Hexa rock salt
100 ml Shao Hsing fragrant rice wine
1. Blanche chicken in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Place the chicken into a stock pot with 2 litres of water.
4. Insert the small scallops, red dates, figs, honey date and yuk chuk.
5. Let broth simmer for 3 hours.
6. Strain the broth, then add in the large dried scallops, gingko, dang gui and simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Add cabbage leaves and goji berries.
8. Simmer for another 30 minutes or until cabbage and pre-soaked dried scallops are soft.
9. Add rice wine, fatt choy and rock salt. Ready to served.